Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sorry guys!

This sorry goes out to you two fans who have devotedly followed my progress through these last couple of months. I am apologising because I have changed my mind on the novel. For now I have decided to leave 2358 (that was the title of the other book) and start writing a different story. This one is an historical fiction piece and is much more interesting for me to research and write. It is a passion of mine really and I think I was just fooling myself that I could actually write an Australian novel. Anyway, I am much more excited and devoted to this new idea. Research has begun eagerly and I am also developing the plot and characters with far more ease that I did 2358. Which isn't to say that 2358 won't ever be written. Hopefully one day it will be, but not this time. The new novel, as I said is historical fiction but also has links to the present day. Not like a time travel theme, but more like flashbacks and research. The time I'm focusing on is the Italian Renaissance of the 15th/16th centuries. See here I feel much more at home and comfortable than I ever did in a pile of nuclear muck. It is an area that I have taught and one that continues to fascinate and inspire. And before you start to worry it's not really like the Da Vinci code - although I haven't actually read that book so maybe I can't say that just yet! There is mystery and intrigue and history and love :) which has a much happier and easier place in this novel. I've found some great sites that have helped with my research, there's a shitload of information out there on this topic which is fantastic for building my settings, plot and characters.

1 comment:

EuroTrash said...

Oh! KV!! Well, OK, at least you're still writing - even if it's a new novel - and that's the most important thing!!!! Its good to hear though that you think this one is flowing a lot easier than 2358... Keep these updates coming!!!!!

Bacioni!!

xx