Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's the final countdown...

That's right folks, the countdown til the baby comes is officially on. Due to her size I'm going in for a caesarian this Wednesday morning, very exciting news.

We've been pretty busy around here this week. It was the Captain's and my anniversary the other day. Four wonderful years of marriage. Here's what I got.

The picture quality is pretty poor because I forgot to take a picture during the day and just ducked out now to take one. It's a lovely big bromeliad. I love it! Apparently four years is plants, fruit or electrical appliances. I must say I prefer this pretty lady over a new kettle or iron!!!

I've finally gotten the baby's nursery looking the way I want and I've finished decorating her lamp and stitching the bunting. I wanted to put navy blue letters on the bunting but because we can't decide on a name for the little one, it's still bare. Not sure how much time I'll have after she comes, but hopefully it'll get done one day!

And wouldn't you know it, the creative juices have started flowing again. It's as if my brain knows it's going to lose itself to baby brain very shortly so has to get as much out now as it possibly can. This is for my crime story set here in Canberra by the way (I know I can't expect you to keep up with my writing projects these days!!) and I'm actually really excited about it. Crazy I know!!

We went to the library yesterday and I borrowed a few books, hoping to spend these last few days lying around and reading. I also got a few baby names books but after scouring those am no closer to choosing a name. [Sigh]. Maybe we'll know when we see her....

Anyway, my son has just gone to sleep and I've got a few more scenes I'd like to write before my brain shuts down for the night.

Happy Anzac Day, KVettes - Lest we Forget....

Kirsty x



No comments: