Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pumpkin Soup Fit For A Queen

Winter is certainly here these days. Minus four over night, tiny snow flakes (so small as to actually just look like rain - but I know otherwise!!) during the day. I love it!!

And what goes better with winter than a warm, yummy soup?

A friend of mine made this delicious pumpkin soup at Mum's group a couple of weeks ago and it was just heaven. I made it tonight and it's even better than I remembered it!!

Please, please, please make this pumpkin soup. This long weekend.

In celebration of the Queen's birthday.

And when you look at that creamy golden colour just, remember this:


It truly is soup fit for a queen!!

Here's the recipe. Write it down, then go buy the ingredients. Ok? Great. Thanks.


Queenie's Pumpkin Soup

60g butter or margarine (I used olive oil - I know, I'm a rebel)

2 rashers rindless bacon, chopped

1 onion, chopped

1 clove garlic crushed

1 butternut pumpkin about 1.2 kg peeled, seeded and chopped

2 litres chicken stock

¼ cup milk

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

¼ cup cream

Snipped chives

Melt butter in a large saucepan. Sauté bacon, onion and garlic until bacon is crisp and onion is tender

Add pumpkin. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over stock. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, until pumpkin is very tender.

Blend mixture – process until smooth. Return to heat with milk, add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with cream and chives

Please enjoy xoxox

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ok, I'll try it this weekend and let you know what I think. Is it thick and creamy because I really don't like runny pumpkin soup?