Monday, April 5, 2010

The Meal

I forgot to add this other tradition to my last post. For Easter, and many other times through out the year, we enjoyed fish when I was growing up. This recipe is my favourite and comes from my very talented father - thanks Dad! It's for a baked, whole fish which is not only delicious but quick, easy and good for you. As for the name, I'm not sure where it came from. It was always my favourite request at birthday time and I guess that's just what I called it!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and don't forget the crusty bread to mop up the yummy juices!!

The Meal:

Ingredients:

Whole fish (I used snapper but mullet is also very good)
Lemon
Ground Oregano
Onion
Tomato
Salt
Olive oil
Parsley
Bread crumbs (couscous if available)

Method:
Wash fish and add salt, lemon juice, oregano to inside and outside of fish
Slice onion and tomato and place in cavity
Pour olive oil into baking dish
Add fish and pour oil over fish
Place sliced tomato along top of fish
Cover tomato with bread crumbs and parsley
Add lemon juice to dish
Cover with foil and place in moderate (180c or 350F) oven for 30 minutes


Enjoy with potatoes, bread and salad.

Bacci,

Kirsty x

No comments: