Thursday, December 8, 2011

December Daybook

Outside my window:

Although officially it's summer around here, you wouldn't know it from the grey and white clouds that are covering our Canberran sky. As I look out my office window (I'm at work :) I can see that the grass has grown long, dandelions are making a ferocious comeback and it looks like the sun might come out to play after all.

I am listening to:

I went through a phase of listening to all the songs played during my zumba class, and now I'm sick of them all! Mostly it's Christmas carols and the radio. I'm pretty certain though (seeing as I bought them) that Santa has some new CDs for me this Christmas :)

Reading:

Our library at school is weeding out old books so I've been snapping up as many as I could. Today I started 'Australia Through Italian Eyes' by Stephanie Lindsay Thompson. A colleague is lending me his fandangle camera for the holidays and also the book entitled 'Learning to See Creatively' by Bryan Peterson to help me with my new hobby. Hopefully there will soon be some inspiring (or at least pleasant) photos on this site.
At home I've got 'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott and 'Veronika Decides to Die' by Paolo Coelho on the run. Both re-reads :)

I am Creating:

Not only have I been trying to get up to date with my scrapbooking (I haven't even gotten up to my son's first birthday yet ----he will be four in February!!!) but I've also started work on my Christmas cards. I'm very pleased with the random appearance, due to my shortage of Christmas-appropriate card stock!!
Also, finally painting has begun at our house, which means there are paint sheets, colour charts, rollers, paint tins and brushes neatly piled up in the laundry ready to go. Cannot wait!! Which also explains my addiction to Houzz!!

Writing:

I am working concurrently on this blog, my class reports (due by the end of today!!) and the new Orpheus. Still very pleased with how it's coming along. And in case you're worried about my dedication to work, this is my lunch hour!!

So, with Christmas fast upon us, what's going on in your daybook???


No comments: