Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Birthday Week

It's been a very busy week around here this last week. My son celebrated his fourth birthday, a very exciting, hugely anticipated birthday which had the longest countdown known to man!
I don't think I'll tell my children it's nearly their birthday until the week before.
At the earliest.

So the day before the big day we met my dad and Julie at Grandma's Little Bakery, a lovely little restaurant on the Federal Highway just outside of Collector. It was my Dad's birthday on Friday so we were trying to fit everybody in!
It was a delicious lunch of Middle Eastern/Italian fusion food. And the rain even held off so that we could play at the park.
Then my sister (who we had picked up at Canberra airport before lunch) came back with us, as did my other sister and her family who had also met us for lunch.

So, yeah, full house last weekend! But the party was a success and the cake (which my son had ummed and ahhed about until the very last minute. Thank goodness for the Women's Weekly Birthday Cake book!!).

Here it is:


He loved it and considering that it was allergy-free, my daughter did too!!!

After my sisters left my mum and grandparents arrived for a visit. We had a great time, visiting the ducks at the lake and going to the club for lunch. Despite all the visitors and the very busy week, we had a great time and it was an awesome birthday week.

Which continues this week also, with the 85th birthday of my grandfather.

February sure is a busy time round here!!!

No comments: