Sunday, April 15, 2012

Garden Update

I just thought I'd show a few pics of the silk tree root that The Captain we pulled out last weekend. Unfortunately the pretty silk tree with its sweet pink, fairy flowers had borers, a little wood eating insect similar to a termite. Apparently it's very common for these trees in Canberra to be infected with borers. So we pulled it out. And it was very kindly delivered to my back door.



 The kids didn't know what to make of it - my daughter was actually quite afraid, poor thing!


 It reminded me a little bit of the mandrake in Harry Potter!!

In its place we planted a little dogwood which will hopefully bring us plenty of shade in the summers to come. 

Needless to say, the Captain was quite sore the next day after this mammoth task!!


No comments: