Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What They Love Doing


I saw this post on a blog I read regularly and I loved the idea! A snapshot into the kids' daily life, just to record what they are doing, and what they are really loving at the moment. We're still loving the outdoors despite the cool Autumn weather, so I've put those ones first.
Here are some pics:





This is the rather intricate process of embellishing a standard-issue Thomas the Tank engine with plasticine. Popular add-ons include a light, extra buffers (front and side), a whistle, and front cables. Embellishments from a four year old - a boy after my own heart!!

 Tea parties in the privacy of a quilt house.
And to that list we can add dress-ups, drawing and colouring in (especially for my son), and the never waning fascination with track building and train games. This has now evolved into a complex process which involves the development of the island of Sodor around the track using animals, the farmhouse, blocks, houses, stations, hospitals, churches, markets and more. It's a child's imagination at its very best!

And for those who may be wondering (sisters :) here's a shot of me at 18 weeks. It's a couple of weeks old now but you get the general idea :)


And the exciting news is that we found out on Monday that we are welcoming another little girl into our family. I can't wait for more pink to shower on us around here!! Now we just have to think of a girl's name....Open for suggestions in the comments section :)

Anyway I'm off now to enrol my son in kindergarten for next year. Kindergarten. Five days a week. Gone from me. Excuse me. I think I have something in my eye.

No comments: