Saturday, June 9, 2012

Old Navy


I've found that maternity clothes in Australia are ridiculously expensive. Luckily with fashions the way they are these days you can usually get away with some leggings and an oversized jumper. But if you want something that's really maternity there's very little choice. And often that seems like a lot to pay for something that has a pretty short wardrobe-shelf life.

Both my other pregnancies went through summer so I was able to wear dresses and long singlets etc without having to worry about pants/work clothes/jumpers etc. But this year is different. I'm now five months and the belly...well, let's just say that it's pretty loose these days and therefore it sticks out quite a way already :)

Finding something comfortable to wear all day, whether it's at home or at work, has been a bit hard for me. So I went online. I was a bit iffy about doing this because really you should try on your maternity clothes first, but I was getting desperate. And so what did I find??

I found Old Navy, an Amercian store that has a HUGE range of maternity clothes, and because it's off season there, all there winter stock was on sale. You beaut!!

So here are some of my picks - (Sorry I couldn't capture the pic, so it's just the link/description)



Maternity roll down yoga pants - an essential in my wardrobe! My other non-maternity pairs that I've been making do with are not in the best of shape.

Maternity hoodie jacket - good with the above pants or else with jeans

Maternity jersey maxi dress -  We've got a wedding to attend at the end of September, less than two weeks before the baby is due, and all I can imagine wanting to wear is a maxi dress. So I picked this one up on sale for $35!!

I also got a couple of long sleeved maternity tops in black, to wear under jumpers and cardies in this cold weather.

So that was my online shopping experience at Old Navy. Although the site advertised Free shipping for orders over $50, this didn't include international shipping which was a bit hefty. But still I got some nice clothes (at least I hope they are - all the reviews seemed positive) without having to traipse around the mall.

I'll let you know how they go when they arrive. Oh, and if you're interested they have some really cute clothes for non-pregnant women too! And great prices!! Just be sure to check the international shipping prices if you're in Australia, which you can do at the checkout before you have to pay. Other good news is that you can through PayPal.

No comments: