Friday, August 13, 2010

Wish I May, Wish I Might...

As my thirtieth birthday (or the dirty thirty as one friend so charmingly put it recently) fast approaches...in fact, it seems to be bearing down on me like pack of dogs on a juicy piece of rump (no visuals necessary, please)....I've been thinking about some dreams pieces I'd really like to receive for my birthday. And I'll warn you now, this daydream seems to have crash tackled into my other daydream about a dream house. So, here are some of the pretty things I'd like to see brighten up my life for my thirtieth birthday (or anytime in the next few years - I'm not pushy).

I love this crisp white and blue trim tablecloth...and very neat and orderly garden. Sigh I'll have one of those too please!


Source: Coco Cozy Interiors

Beautiful hydrangeas. They've been on so many blogs that I surf lately that I want some too!!

Source: Flowers Basket

I love this whole room but I was actually drawn to the cane table at the bottom of the pic. Love it!

Source: Better Homes & Gardens

Bright and fun coloured mirror collection.

Source: Better Homes & Gardens

This is where the daydreams collide - I love this library, this beautiful, harmonious collection of books and knick knacks. Yes please, Captain!!

Source: Coco Cozy Interiors

Another gorgeous mirror - I think I might be channeling Narcissus for my thirtieth birthday...

Souce: Country Living


Anything at all from the following two pictures. I'm not fussy, I'll take any of it. Thanks! Although I do really love those blue arm chairs in the second pic. I have no blue furniture and I find this a sad fact that needs instant rectifying.


Source (both pics): Molly Frey Designs

Or this chair. I told you, I'm not fussy. Really I'm not.

Source: Oliveaux

And this clip that I found at Megan Morton's blog Home Love (whose book of the same name I have recently devoured cover-to-cover) that I wanted to share with you. It's not got anything to do with my birthday, except perhaps that it looks like a lovely way to spend a day. It's actually an advertisement for a furniture brand Dedon, but I think it's the way life should be. Enjoy!

Kirsty x


No comments: