Sunday, December 12, 2010

In the summertime when the weather is fine...


Ha!! We've been having days of 7-20 degrees here in the capital and we've also recieved 300ml of rain since the beginning of December! Hardly summertime weather! And yet I'm glad for it. And I still believe it's summer so I'm going to blog about some summertime essentials - or wishful items. Things to have, see and do.

1. St Tropez Bronzing Mousse

I've yet to use this but it comes highly recommended by my sister who is a beauty writer. St Tropez have also thoughtfully included a video on how to apply the mousse on their website. Check it out here

2. Body Shop Baked Bronzer

Now this one I have used and if you're like me and pale as milk and intend to tan up the rest of your body a light, shimmering face bronzer is the go. I love this very much.

3. Stone fruit. All stone fruit - plums, peaches, nectarines but most of all mangoes. And in particular Kensington Pride. You can keep your R2D2 or whatever they are. I'm all about the Kensingtons in the evening after dinner.

4. Blooming delights.





Begonias. Hydrangeas. Bromeliads. Tomatoes. Strawberries. Our yard has them all. And it brings me great peace to look out at them all. The recent rain has actually made our yard a bit of a jungle but I only like that even more.

5. Lovely summer shoes.

Playful wedges from Nine West
New takes on an old fave:


Pretty florals:


(and because I'm so po' I got a cute pair of floral prints from Kmart for only $10!!)

6. Summerizing Your Home - à lá The Nester

Bringing in cooler, paler shades to combat the heat outside. See what I've already done in my home, on a minimal budget.

7. TV faves that are finally on DVD -

Supernatural Season 5

Fringe Season 2


Bones Season 5

Love them all!

7. Camping

We haven't been yet as a family but I'm really looking forward to it. There are, apparently, some lovely spots around Canberra in Wee Jasper, the Brindabellas, Uriarra, Casuarina Sands and more. Check out Canberra's Tourism website for more info.

And to make sure you have all the goods you need see Big W's range of camping gear. I have my eye on Andrew Ettinghausen's 6 person 3 room tent. Plenty of room for everyone!! Camping doesn't have to be foul you know.

8. Getting ready for Christmas! There are a ton of great blogs around that have Christmas ideas, home tours, gift ideas, decoration ideas and more! But that's a whole other blog for next time!!

Happy summer day kv-ettes xoxoxo

No comments: